Plenty of outdoor area to enjoy at the scandi
What it's like
When most people think of a tiny home, they think of a small cramped space. Nothing could be further than the truth. The tiny home movement is about making the most out of a small footprint. We designed The Scandi to feel roomy and spacious.
The Scandi is tucked back in a wooded area at the back of a small neighborhood. Once you park your car, you'll walk down a private path through the woods to get to your personal Eden, surrounded by nature. During your stay, chances are you'll see some of the rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, birds, and butterflies that live on the property.
When you enter the Scandi, the first thing you'll notice is the 12' tall ceilings. Big beautiful windows on all sides give you a sense of being close to nature. The spacious deck runs the length of the home, and the comfortable adirondack chairs give you a place to drink your morning coffee while you enjoy nature. Just up the path is your private fireplace area where you can grill some food, or just enjoy an evening in nature.
You can expect a luxurious experience.
The Scandi features:
- Full bathroom with hot/cold running water - no composting toilet.
- A kitchenette equipped with all the basics. Full fridge/freezer, microwave, plates, silverware, pots, pans, etc.
- Coffee station. Freshly roasted beans from The Red Mug, a burr grinder, and everything you need to make your pour-over (or drip coffee).
- A solar-powered skylight over the bed lets you fall asleep looking at the stars.
- Smart-home experience. In addition to typical light switches, you'll be able to play music, dim the lights, and more through Alexa.
- A 55-inch 4k TV, with the best entertainment options: Netflix, Amazon Prime, and live TV through Youtube TV.
- Firepit area. Wood and firestarter provided.
- Outdoor barrel sauna. Private, for your use. The design originates from Finland.
You'll get access to our guidebook, complete with everything you need to know about staying at the tiny home as well as all of our favorite restaurants and shops in the area. You'll be able to self check-in with keyless entry, but if you would like to meet us, we would be happy to stop in and say hello!
Right along State Route 39, and less than a mile away from Berlin, you'll find the Scandi is at an ideal spot for exploring Amish Country. You'll feel like you're stuck away in a remote nature-surrounded area, an yet be close to all the best attractions.
The Scandi is near the heart of Ohio's rural Amish Country, so bringing your own car is the best way to get around.